A donation to the Tom Thomson Art Gallery, whether large or small, will have a significant impact on the artistic life of the community.
Your kind support ensures that the Tom Thomson Art Gallery is able to:
- Care for our permanent collection of over 1800 works of art, including one of the largest collections of Tom Thomson paintings in the country
- Continue to acquire, appraise and insure Canadian works of historical and contemporary significance
- Provide the highest standards of exhibition and artistic collaboration and publications
- Provide art education programs for over 6,000 area school students annually
- Offer guided tours, lectures and programming to enhance the knowledge and awareness of the visual arts to our 30,000 annual visitors
- Maintain museum standard facilities
Outright contributions in amounts of over $15 allow you to receive tax benefits immediately. These include cash contributions, in-kind donations, gifts of shares or publicly traded securities (stocks), gifts of real estate and certified cultural property.
Many companies in Canada match contributions made by employees and retirees to a charitable organization. Contact your Human Resources department to see if your gift to the Tom Thomson Art Gallery is eligible for corporate matching by your employer.